LONDON PHOTO AND VIDEO DIARY

Wednesday 14 August 2013


Coming to terms with the fact that is was indeed the last place on my trip before heading home was not only incredibly heart breaking but also a whole range of excitement and sheer joy. I have always loved London and the English culture so finally being there and experiencing what this amazing city has to offer was by far the best way to end the trip. Of course there is no other way to get around London then by a double decker bus - The reflection of the bus dancing through the windows of the Georgian style houses, looking up from the top story of the bus to see the sky stretching beyond the horizon and feeling completely free and seeing the red telephone boxes dotting the sides of the streets just adding to the feeling that I am where I am. Seeing the London Eye for the first time and only sighing or the Big Ben and simply saying wow under your breathe. To be honest seeing the sights and just walking around the streets of this breathtaking city I felt like I belonged and I wanted to chain myself inside a room in the Ritz so I could soak up all that London has to offer for the rest of my existence. 

Click for more photos!


I can say this with 100% honesty, London as well as Paris have always been my favourite cities even though previously I had never been nor experienced what they had to offer but of course I was completely right. I feel completely at ease and at home while being in the English capital and the city of love. Only having two days to experience all that London has to offer it was obviously incredibly hard to do so but what I did experience was incredible - From seeing the London Eye, creating 360 degree views that constantly change for the passengers, the Big Ben standing proud near the rivers edge, the Tower Bridge looking so glorious and the Shard skyscraper dominating the skyline (I am obsessed with that building). Westminster Abbey with the bells ringing loudly making its presence even more known as if it wasn't before, walk by the windows (the drool worthy windows) of Harrods, Buckingham Palace with all of its iron fences and gold leaf detailing surrounding it and the most famous of all guards standing tall and still; You then make your way to Hyde Park where you take a still in the lush green premises with dozens of trees creating a canopy for you to walk under and then it is off to non other then Oxford Street where the shopping begins! Zara, H&M, Topshop, Forever 21, Selfridges which is my heaven on Earth officially - Nothing can truly compare to this retail marvel. Designer items from Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Alexander McQueen, Givenchy, Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta, Maison Martin Margiela! To name just a few and the biggest ever Denim department in the entire world! I literally walked around with my eyes wide, my heart pounding and my jaw wide in sheer awe. I could and would spend an entire day there, not good for the bank account but excellent for me!

1 comment:

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)