Interview: Kate from Modette

Tuesday 19 March 2013


Currently residing in New Zealand, Kate has experienced the many cultures that the world has to offer from being born in Sydney and then being raised in London. You will see her lapping up inspiration from vintage reads and photos, idolising such icons as Audrey Hepburn, Bridgette Bardot and Kate Middelton to name just a few. Her love of magazines, Haute Couture and elegance in everyday life shines bright through not only her blog but herself. 


Founder of her blog "Modette"a personal diary but also a collection of fashion and gorgeous photos that inspires Kate in everyday life - Her aim is not only to curate a collection to spark the passion of what she loves but she also wishes to bring inspiration to her readers and to show a sneak peek into her dreams and how she sees the world around her.

I spoke with the gorgeous Kate, on her inspiration, life living in Auckland and her favourite things.



Hi Kate, where are you when you are writing this?

Spending a rowdy Friday night on the couch watching Sex and the City re-runs! ;)

What are your new years resolutions for 2013?

To be more positive, finish decorating my room and achieve something that makes 2013 a year to remember! (Not sure what yet, but we'll wait and see!)

Where do you find inspiration for your everyday life?

I'm inspired by so many things! People, places, magazines, books, TV shows, blogs….. lots of things influence what I wear, like, and write about. Tumblr (mine is the-modette.tumblr.com) is also a huge source of inspiration for me!

Who in your eyes is your biggest inspiration and why?

Sounds corny, but my Dad! He is so determined and never gives up. Other people that I aspire to be like are Kate Middleton, Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly :)

What are your favourite places to eat and shop in Auckland?

For eating… Takapuna Beach Cafe, Gasket, Teed St Larder, Little & Friday, Jones the Grocer and Orbit, the restaurant up the Sky Tower (purely for the views!). As for shopping, it's not the best in Auckland…. I prefer to shop online or stock up overseas! But Jetset Bohemian, Karen Walker and The Department Store are probably my favorites here :)

What is something that life has taught you so far?

Make it happen! If you want something, go for it. Don't wait around for it to come to you.

Where would you like to be in 10 years time?

Travelling and exploring the world. Taking beautiful photographs and writing. And most importantly, be truly happy and at peace with myself :)

When did your love and passion for blogging and fashion emerge?

I started my blog on a whim one day and quickly found I loved it! I've always loved to write ever since I was a little girl. As for fashion, my full interest in that came when I was heading into my teenage years. I started a Tumblr and became more exposed to all these beautiful pictures and editorials online. Then I subscribed to Vogue, started reading fashion blogs and watching runway shows - the rest is history!

Where have your favourite places been thus far and where would you like to travel to in the future?

I've been lucky to have travelled so much as a little girl! My favorite places I've visited include France, New York, Morocco and Greece. We're looking at Japan for our next trip, and I'd also love to try South America or India. Somewhere exotic!

What are your wardrobe staples?

A little black dress, a coat, ballet flats, tailored shorts, a white shirt and a silk scarf. And most importantly - confidence and a smile!

If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would you like to meet and why?

Charlotte York off Sex and the City! (Despite her being just a character!). We seem very similar - I think we'd get along fabulously :) Besides, I want to ask her where she gets all her divine 

Be sure to check out Kate's blog "Modette"for constant inspiration on Kate's elegant state of mind and lifestyle. By far and amazing person that is going to go far in life, she is a true sweetheart who deserves the world and her talent and passions are shown so clearly through her blog. 

0 Lovely comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)