Fashion: Runway | Dolce & Gabbana RTW Fall 2013

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Inspired by non other then the golden mosaics of Sicily's Cathedral of Monreale - Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana have yet again created a collection that truly captures the essence of Italy and its culture. A sense of a romanticised view upon the Catholic church can be seen throughout yet leaving everyone with compelling thoughts regarding the collection in terms of fashion. Menswear inspired materials such as herringbones and checks made for a brief appearance within the show being seen on skirt suits, coats and a pair of bloomers. However we saw what we all know and love Dolce & Gabbana for - Dresses that are reminiscent of altar boys garments with wide sleeves cut in fine laces, a bustier crafted from altar-chalice gold, garments covered in what appears to be mosaic tiles, heavily embellished dresses, skirts, tops, bags and shoes that are just truly wow worthy and I can not forget the royal like crowns that sat pretty above the romantic chignons. Of course everything is in the detail which can be seen throughout if you look closely - From the religious figures created from jewels set upon the heels of shoes, or delicately placed on clutches or the dazzling rosaries that hung gracefully around the necks. All I can say is an amen to Dolce & Gabbana, they never fail to impress me: To leave me sitting in front of my computer repeatedly saying ohhhh, wow, perfect or simply leaving me completely and utterly breathless. They have done it once again. 

Photos from Style.com and Fashionshow-w

4 comments:

  1. I have just discovered your blog, I think I'm in love!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so incredibly sweet Grace! Thank you so much and I am so glad you like it!

      Codie
      xx

      Delete
  2. Outstanding blog, and these pictures are amazing. D&G never fail to amaze me with their collections!~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. dolce gabbana urThank you for sharing this very nice post, please keep continue the sharing of this types of information. Here we are waiting for more

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)